Dire News

Tag: reaction


Kids Dye Young

by on Jul.10, 2011, under Art, Consumer, Culture, Health, Kids

At one time tattoos were relegated to sailors, drunks, drunk sailors and carnival freaks. Then tattoos became trendy, and they went from simple figures to elaborate body art. People inked everything from their hobbies and interests to their kids. Then they started tattooing their kids. Or the kids could do it themselves with the iTattoo. Of course, they're washable. That is, unless you're an idiot like Eugene Ashley. The Floyd County, Georgia man was charged with child cruelty for allegedly tattooing his 3-year-old son. The child told investigators he cried and begged his daddy not to do it but said his father held him down and tattooed his right shoulder. The child told that caseworker that his daddy -- Eugene Ashley -- made the tattoo on his shoulder. The child stated he cried and told his daddy to stop, but Eugene held the child down and finished the tattoo. "DB" stands for "Daddy's Boy". A temporary tattoo isn't supposed to hurt. Modern transfer tattoos are alcohol or water soluble, and henna has been used for literally thousands of years. Eight year old Rayno Smit, from Perth, Australia, was on holiday with his family in Bali when he got a $ 10 oriental dragon henna tattoo on his arm. It should have faded in two weeks, but he had an allergic reaction to the dye. Rayno's mother, Leisl Smit, said that she fears her son's inflamed forearm will not fade, with doctors warning the scarring could be permanent. "It's devastating because I know I said yes to [him getting] it," Mrs Smit said. Rayno is now using steroid cream twice a day to reduce the scarring. Five year old Jed Rowe from Geelong suffered the same fate. He's been left with a 30cm raised, bright red scar on his back after he had an allergic reaction to a dye dragon design he received while on holidays in Nusa Dua, Bali. Despite regularly applying cream to reduce the swollen mark, it shows no sign of fading more than three weeks after it was applied. "The fear is he's going to have permanent scarring, or have to have skin grafts or cosmetic surgery," his father Paul told ninemsn news. Cannon Cribb, five, got a dragon tattoo on his Bali holiday. All was fine until the tattoo wore off completely and the entire area welted into the shape of the original image, some two weeks after it was first put on. The family now fear Cannon will be left with a life-long scar. Their doctor is treating the wound as a chemical burn, requiring mother Leiona Cribb to dress it several times a day and apply a steroid cream. "It looks as though someone has branded him with a red dragon," said Mrs Cribb. Mrs Cribb said she had had no idea until now, and wanted to warn others of the potential side-effects, saying: 'What if a little girl got a butterfly on her face?"
5 Comments :, , , , , , , , , , more...

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? You've probably just misplaced it.

Blogroll

Check out these sites.

They're better than this one.